Online booking terms
The present sales conditions are agreed between, on the one hand the Limited Liability Company PERIGORD QUERCY IMMOBILIER with a capital of 10 000 € and whose Head Office is at 16, rue Fénelon – 24 200 in Sarlat-la-Canéda, telephone: 05 53 29 44 90 – Fax: 05 53 29 76 89, listed under the number 451 355 812 00038 at the Bergerac Trade and Companies Register hereinafter referred to as SARL PERIGORD QUERCY IMMOBILIER and on the other hand, by any natural or legal person wishing to make a purchase via the website of In Sarlat®, hereinafter referred to as ” the purchaser “.
The purpose of the present sales conditions is to define the contractual relations between PERIGORD QUERCY IMMOBILIER and the purchaser and the conditions applicable to any purchase made through In Sarlat®’s commercial site, whether the purchaser is a professional or a private individual.
By acquiring a service through this site the purchaser agrees to be fully bound by the present general sales conditions.
These sales conditions shall prevail over all other general or specific conditions not explicitly authorized by In Sarlat®.
In Sarlat® reserves the right to modify its sales conditions at any time. In this event the applicable conditions will be those in effect at the date of the purchaser’s reservation.
Goods and services
The services on offer are featured in the rented property portfolio on the In Sarlat® website.
These services are subject to availability.
All photographs of the accommodation in the rented property portfolio are realistic representations.
The prices shown for the current year are inclusive of taxes and reservation fees.
These prices can be modified during the year for exceptional and justifiable reasons. However the purchaser will pay the price which he was shown initially.
Any purchaser wishing to make a reservation must follow the procedure put in place in its entirety (online process: links).
By reserving accommodation both contracting parties agree to be fully bound by the general sales conditions.
• Duration of stay : Having signed the present contract for a specific period of time, the tenant can in no circumstances exercise any right to remain in the accommodation at the end of the stay, even in the event of force majeure.
• Conclusion of the contract: The reservation will become effective as soon as the owner has received the rental deposit from the tenant and the present contract has been duly signed. The letting agreement made between the parties of this contract cannot in any way benefit, even partially, a third party (whether an individual or an association) without the written consent of the owner. Furthermore, a contract drawn up for 2 people cannot be extended to a third person. Any breach of this paragraph will result in the immediate cancellation of the rental to the detriment of the tenant, and any profit accruing will be kept by the owner.
• Cancellation: Cancellations must be made to the owner by registered letter. If the cancellation is made less than 5 weeks before the arrival date the whole of the amount due for the rental must be paid excluding cleaning charges and tourist tax.
• Cancellation before arrival at the accommodation: The money paid is a deposit and will not be refunded by the owner. If the tenant does not arrive within 24 hours following the arrival date stated in the contract, the present contract will be nullified and the owner is free to do as he wishes with the apartment. The advance deposit will remain in the possession of the owner and the renter must pay the outstanding amount as if he had stayed in the apartment. If the stay is cut short, for whatever reason, the whole amount paid will remain in the possession of the owner (except a pro rata part of the tourist tax).
• Cancellation by the owner: In this event the owner will refund the whole amount paid to the tenant. This cancellation is to be made in writing to the tenant, based on valid and well-founded reasons and thereby the tenant cannot expect any further compensation.
• Arrival: The tenant must check in (on agreed date) between 15h and 19h at 16, rue Fénelon 24200 Sarlat-la-Canéda, unless there has been a prior agreement that the keys will be made available by some other means.
• Payment of the balance: the balance of the rental is due 21 days before arrival and must be paid on arrival or, in the event of non-arrival, 8 days afterwards at the latest.
• Accommodation capacity: The present contract is drawn up for a maximum number of X adults, X children (4 to 13 years) and X babies. If the number of guests exceeds the accommodation capacity, the owner can refuse the additional guests. Any change or breach of contract will then be considered to have been initiated by the tenant.
• Particular condition: Exceptionally, PERIGORD QUERCY IMMOBILIER as manager of the In Sarlat® – Périgord Travel® networks reserves the right to transfer the rental to accommodation of an equivalent or superior status without any compensation to the tenant. However, a tenant can make a specific written request to refuse this clause at the time of the rental.
• Inventory: An inventory of furniture and fittings will be found on the back of the entrance door to the apartment. The tenant undertakes to consult the list on his arrival in the apartment and unless he contests the list within 24 hours of moving in, it will be assumed that he accepts the inventory and agrees to be bound by it. The clean state of the apartment should be noted on arrival and any related claims should be made on the same day. Any claims made at a later date will not be contractually valid. The tenant undertakes to keep the rented property clean for the duration of his stay.
• Security deposit or guarantee: The tenant will be asked on arrival to give the owner or his representative a security deposit of 300 euros. This deposit will be returned in full after the outgoing inventory of fixtures, or in part if there have been any breakages or damage which needs to be repaired. In the event of early departure (earlier than the time mentioned in the present contract) which prevents the inventory of fixtures from taking place on the day of departure, the security deposit will be sent back by the owner within 15 days. In the event of damage the cost of repairs will be deducted from the security deposit. If the total cost of damages exceeds the security deposit, an invoice will be made in the tenant’s name. The owner or his representative will have an official report made by a bailiff (payable by the tenant) as well as an estimate for repair work. On receipt of the official report and the estimate the tenant will have 15 days to settle them. If not, the owner or his representative reserves the right to take legal action.
• Use of the property: The tenant must respect the peace and quiet of the rented property and use it in an appropriate manner.
• Smoking is not allowed in any of the properties in the In Sarlat® – Périgord Travel® networks.
• Insurance: The tenant is responsible for any damage he causes and should take out a holiday insurance policy to cover the various risks. The tenant he certifies that as a home occupant he has valid civil liability cover. On request, the tenant will provide a valid insurance certificate requested from his insurance company and which is included in the comprehensive insurance policy for his main home. (If in doubt, please consult your insurance company).
• In the case of accident(s) for which the tenant is responsible, he will bear the full cost of repair or identical reconstruction work.
The purchasers, either private individuals or professionals, have a cancellation period of seven days as from the day of the reservation confirmation.
Terms of payment
• Deposit: a deposit of 30% is requested when the reservation is made, the remainder being payable on arrival. The contract is confirmed on payment of the deposit. If the tenant withdraws he must pay the full amount. If the owner cancels the rental, the tenant can claim damages and interest.
• Security deposit: a security deposit can be paid by the tenant and given back at the end of the rental period if no damage has been caused.
• Tourist tax: tenants must pay the obligatory tourist tax, which varies from town to town.
• Online payment: online transactions are made using a secure payment system.
• Invoice: At the request of the purchaser an invoice can be sent.
In France seasonal rental is a specific type of rental of a « furnished residential building » (house, apartment, etc). It is governed by the Civil Code and the Consumer Code. The duration, price and contractual conditions are set by the interested parties (owners, tenants and agency). In practice, the owner and the agency define the periods, duration and conditions of the rental, and it is up to the renter to accept them or not.
During the seasonal rental, the tenant is responsible for damage caused to a property unless it is the result of normal wear and tear or faulty equipment.
The tenant cannot house more people than the capacity of the property allows.
During the online sales process the seller only has an obligation of means; he cannot be held responsible for damage resulting from the use of the Internet network such as loss of data, intrusion, virus, interruption of service, or other involuntary problems.
All the elements of the In Sarlat® website are and remain the exclusive and intellectual property of PERIGORD QUERCY IMMOBILIER.
It is forbidden to reproduce, exploit, re- diffuse, or use on any grounds, even partially, the elements of the site whether they are software, visual or sound.
Links or hyperlinks to the site are strictly forbidden without specific agreement from PERIGORD QUERCY IMMOBILIER.
In accordance with the Act of 6 January 1978 on data processing, data files and individual liberties, personal information relating to purchasers can be subject to automated processing.
In Sarlatl® reserves the right to collect information on purchasers.
Purchasers can object to the disclosure of their contact details by notifying In Sarlat®. And also have the right to access and rectify personal data about themselves in accordance with the Act of 6 January 1978.
The present conditions on online sales are subject to French law.
In the event of a dispute and depending on the nature of the dispute, the relevant place of jurisdiction will be consulted.
All clients undertake to respect the internal rules (according to the property).